Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Perfectly Pulchritudinous Plum

Most adorable picture of my cousin Chase

After about 10 coats of paint, I finally finished painting that picture frame! I'm new to a lot of this DIY/crafting stuff, so I didn't realize I should have sanded the frame prior to starting to paint. Needless to say, my first couple of coats mostly just got smeared around a lot. I started letting the frame dry and then would apply another coat, and eventually the frame actually looked decent. A few more coats after that, just to get the color I wanted and now the frame looks great! I half wish I had bought a clear coat to go on top to make the frame look glossy, but I also am kind of digging the matte/velvety finish.

Teeny tiny nail
Attaching the saw tooth hanger to the back is proving to be a bit more challenging. First of all, these nails are less than 1/2 inch tall. How the heck am I supposed to hold them in place while I hammer? Even if I had someone else holding or hammering, our fingers are larger than the nails, so the hammer would never even touch the nail head! I did manage to use some scotch tape to hold the saw tooth hanger & nail in place while I hammered, but for some reason the nail doesn't want to go into the frame. Le sigh. I'll keep at it & hopefully soon I'll have a perfect plum frame to hang on my wall!

P.s. I received my new hooks yesterday and have already given them a go. Will post more about them later. (also, boyfriend's hat is taking way longer than expected.)

No comments:

Post a Comment