Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Crochet Hook Case


I'm so very excited to have completed my first week of the sew-a-long! I made a crochet hook case and I think it turned out pretty darn cute. I was lucky enough to have the materials already, so really all I had to do was get it done. I half wish I had practiced it in a different fabric, because I did make a few mistakes. Overall, though, I'm quite happy with the end product.



About halfway done I realized I should have taken pictures from the get-go. This is my hook pocket basted (my least favorite thing to do ever) on top of the inner fabric and the batting. I used disappearing ink (it's not just for gags anymore) to mark the lines I needed to sew for the individual hook pockets.

I'm not a fan of how the case pulls when I put my hooks inside of it. Though I think that is because I've got some pretty large hooks. I probably won't carry around the real big ones, ever, so hopefully that won't be much of an issue. I also messed up when attached my ribbon to the inside, so I modified the ribbon and button placement. I'm actually quite pleased with the result of my modification.



In case you're wondering: yes, I do realize I need to iron my ribbon. Also, as a reminder, I used the tutorial for "Rachel's Crochet Hook Case" from the Sometimes Crafter.

1 comment:

  1. Your crochet case turned out super cute! I am so excited for next weeks project!

    ReplyDelete