Saturday, February 5, 2011

So disappointed.

I've had 2 failures today. My first was the ice cream cozy. I finished the cozy up and asked the hubs to bring me home a pint so I could try it out. When he got here, I was was sad to see that my cozy was far too large. I imagine my gauge was just way off. I knew it didn't look like the picture, but I hadn't imagined it was that off. I unraveled it and will hopefully be able to figure it out soon.

The 2nd failure was my 5.00 hook. As I tried out a new pattern for an electronics cozy I noticed that my hook kept getting caught in the yarn. I finally took a close look at the hook & noticed there was a chip in it! Needless to say, I can't keep crocheting with it. I am so so so upset by this. I had been wanting to purchase a set of bamboo hooks forever and just never had the money to build a set (usually you have to buy them individually). I love the look of the bamboo hooks & I really liked the idea that they were made from a sustainable material. I'm going to have to return these, as I've only had them in my possession for 10 days & I only started using my 5.00 today!!! I'm also really hesitant to purchase another set of bamboo hooks, for fear of it happening again. For now, I think I'll return these and purchase a set of aluminum hooks. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford to acquire a better quality set of bamboo hooks individually.

I'll take a picture of my chipped hook in the am.

2 comments:

  1. Boo! That stinks! I'm sorry that it didn't work out. I personally like the metal hooks, there aren't any seams to get caught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man im sorry the cozy didnt work out!! I think I crochet kinda tight, but Im not sure how to work out the guage and all that :[. Im also a fan of aluminum hooks, I have the ones with the bamboo handle though and I loooove those!

    ReplyDelete