Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Time flies...

It really does! I feel like I haven't had the time to do anything crafty, so I don't have anything to post about! Then, when I do find time, I screw it all up & it is an absolute waste! Take last Monday, for example: I spent all day attempting to make something I was unable to find a tutorial for. I had an idea in my head & felt I could execute it decently. After spending the entire day working on it I had to scrap it all because it just never came together like it should have.

Fast forward to last night and my decision to finally tackle the last of my throw pillow covers. I had made one ages ago and just never got around to finishing the rest up. I've had the fabric for the rest just sitting around and decided I would finally finish them. I spent Sunday night measuring and cutting fabric, and then yesterday I finished piecing them together and getting them sewed up. A few hours and a good amount of fabric later I went to slip my pillows into their covers and they didn't fit! Somehow I managed to make the covers a few inches too small!

I'm quite upset and I'm not even sure if it's because of the wasted fabric! I am upset about the fabric, don't get me wrong. I love this fabric & had specifically purchased it to make throw pillow covers, and now I don't think I have enough to get more pillows out of (and I don't think I'll be able to find it for a decent price anywhere, because I bought it ages ago). I am more upset, however, about the waste of time it all was! I could have spent that time making something else and actually having something to show for my time.

Le Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment