Sunday, February 6, 2011

Midnight Crochet, Party of One.

I was determined to make this ice cream cozy work. I had a pint of ice cream sitting in my freezer just begging to be eaten, but I refused to eat it without a cozy! So I decided the extra large cozy must have been user error, as we all know I crochet big. I chose my 4.00 hook and went at it. At the end I had a cozy to keep my hands warm while I dug into my Phish Food.

I'm in love with this green gradated yarn, but I'm 100% positive it's not the right color for an ice cream cozy. The yarn itself is Lily The Original Sugar 'n Cream in Lime Stripes. It's 100% cotton worsted weight. I love this yarn. It's so easy to work with and is super cheap. 

It's not the purple I wanted it to be, but that's because my purple yarn was tied up (pun intended) in a half-finished ipod cozy. Now that the ipod cozy is finished, and my purple yarn is free, I'll be making another ice cream cozy. This purple yarn is also Sugar 'n Cream in Country Side Ombre. I found the pattern for the ipod cozy on Ravelry. You'll have to sign up to view it, but it's free and awesome, so you should already be signed up! The actual listing is:

patterns > injenuity > Ribbed iPod Touch/iPhone Sock (iPod cozy)


I'm thinking I definitely want to add a flower motif applique.

 

1 comment: